Brand Identity Launch
Use 3M Red!
This web site was 3M’s first effort to move their brand identity guidelines online. Four different companies collaborated in this large, extensive project: our design team, plus 3M’s internal branding group, and 3M’s print identity and web production vendors.
The site included guidelines for logo and trademark usage, colors, typography, imagery, writing, packaging, and all related brand identity questions.
- Team Co-Leader
- UX/UI Senior Designer
- Content Developer
KEY BUSINESS NEEDS
- Consolidate brand identity guidelines and assets.
- Transform all materials into online resources.
- Create new style guidelines for online brand applications.
- Customize sections for employees, suppliers, dealers, and retailers.
- Develop and share a style guide database among the teams.
KEY USER NEEDS
- Quickly access all identity materials in one site.
- Use new services to help use materials more easily.
- Use the site to share questions and feedback.
- This site was successfully used for more than three years.
- It was the basis for subsequent 3M Identity sites and services.