Wind Farm Tour
Catch The Wind!
The Wind Farm Tour is designed to be a “first-person” video tour. It is part of Xcel Energy’s Energy Classroom series. Like previous tours, it leverages existing video to build the tour. It is based on research with teachers to define what they need to teach energy concepts. It is designed to be used in classrooms, so all videos and images can be presented full-screen.
The Tour features twelve video stories, an animated 3D wind turbine, photos, and infographics. Users can also “climb” up to the top of a turbine, and see the view from over 300 feet (91 meters) above ground. It is a long climb! Be sure to buckle your safety harness!
- UX/UI Designer
- Creative Director
- Content Developer
- 3D Designer and Animator
KEY BUSINESS GOALS
- Design for classroom education for the Xcel Energy market.
- Leverage existing Xcel Energy video of wind farms.
- Enable both desktop and mobile interaction.
KEY USER GOALS
- Have the feeling of actually being at a wind farm
- Learn science and engineering behind a wind farm.
- Understand how wind farms are part of national energy system.
- Positive feedback from teachers.
- Continuing to be used in classrooms.
- Was featured in Xcel Energy promotional materials.