What’s The Secret?
3M, TPT, and ICONOS
Talk Bee Language!
"Newton’s Apple" was a national Emmy award winning children’s science television series created by TPT: Twin Cities Public Television.
Our team at ICONOS partnered with TPT and 3M Learning Software to re-imagine the stories and video assets of "Newton’s Apple" as a series of interactive CD-ROM publications, entitled "What’s the Secret?"
We built on the core ideas of the show, presenting a variety of real-world science concepts from a kid’s perspective – and we expanded with interactive explorations, tours, and games that simulated real word conditions.
Three volumes were created and distributed to the public. The 3-year project included a $1.5 million dollar budget and an extended team of 40 people.
- Project Co-Leader
- Senior UX/UI Designer
- Content Development
- Software Development
KEY BUSINESS GOALS
- Use video and concepts from the television show.
- Expand concepts with interactive experiences.
- Create a style and personality that reflects the show.
KEY USER GOALS
- Identify with Isaac Newton and his friends.
- Directly manipulate ideas and simulations to see results.
- Be excited and motivated to explore all interactions.